Friday, July 13, 2012

The Second Beginning

The start of this story doesn't necessarily start at the beginning, it starts at what I like to call "the second beginning."

My family is my life, as strange as it is. The household contains two adults, two children, a cat, a dog, a turtle, a couple of crayfish, a crab and numerous fish. It sounds completely normal, right? Wrong. Patrick and I have been together 9 years this December, but, and it's a big but, we have to subtract the year I basically had a nervous breakdown and demanded a divorce and moved out for a year. I put everyone through hell, including myself. I missed a year of the kids lives and made one stupid mistake after another. A year ago this month I was able to come home because of a life-changing decision made by my ex-better half. So now we are whole again. We live together as a happily divorced couple, raising our two kids. I can't deny that I wish we were married but I am the one at fault for requesting the paperwork be filed. So I will probably never be married to Patrick again, but I can live with the fact that we are a couple without the legality. The kids are happy to have mommy home and Patrick accepts my idiotcy. What more could I ask for?

So to make a long story short, I am one of the lucky ones that was able to start over and get a second chance at the things I messed up.

 The sole purpose of this blog is that it has no purpose. I have always loved to write. When I was younger I had journals that helped me through my childhood. And when I was older it was a way to express myself without worrying about what others thought. This time is obviously different because I'm not writing for myself, I'm "blogging." In the world of the Internet nothing is really private anymore anyway, so why not just let the facts come from the source instead of second, third or fourth hand. I don't plan to "air my dirty laundry," but I would like to show the world that if I can survive and be happy anything is possible. I plan on taking this blog only forward and as far away from the past as I can. I hope all who read what I write enjoy it and find something small that they can take from it. I'm not asking for much. Just read, think what you want, but don't judge me. Everything that has happened in my life has brought me here, to this exact moment, and I can and will never regret it. Because, as I write this, there is a little girl sitting on the other side of the room with a purple mouth from the popsicle she's eating and an over-active seven-year old who's bouncing across the livingroom with an over-active puppy on his tail. As silly as it sounds, this is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment